Paddleboarding is a popular water sport that everyone can enjoy.
Is there any better way to enjoy the sport than with a touring paddleboard?
I doubt that.
Unlike an all-around paddleboard, a touring paddle board has a pointed nose that is intended to increase speed and cover longer distances.
It acts as a displacement hull because it allows you to track straighter with just a few strokes of the paddle.
The choice of touring boards is not only enormous but also debatable, which is most suitable paddleboard for yourself.
So, in our best touring paddle board selections, we took into consideration all the important features you would want your model to have.
- 1 Top Pick
- 2 Top Touring Paddle Board
- 3 What should you notice when Shopping for a Touring Board?
- 4 Final Thoughts
Runwave Inflatable Standup Paddle Board is our top pick.
Among the paddle board for surfing, this board comes with a complete stand up paddle board (SUP) package that includes the board, paddle, three easy-install fins, a high-pressure pump, a foot leash, a backpack, and a repair kit.
The board is expertly designed to deliver the best traction pad performance, tracking, maneuverability, and speed.
Top Touring Paddle Board
Runwave Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
This is a lightweight and stable touring paddleboard for youth and adults, and one of the best inflatable stand up paddle board as well,
It is the perfect choice for sunbathing, yoga, and playing with friends.
What makes this touring paddle board incredible is that it is made from a high-quality high-density PVC material with a maximum weight limit of 352 pounds.
At 11 feet long and 33 inches wide, the Runwave provides you with sufficient space for exercising, riding, and relaxing.
The two-tone deck pad is made from soft EVA for comfort.
It also has unique slip-resistant patterns for superior traction, which makes it the ideal choice for beginners with little paddling or surfing experience.
In the middle of the board, you have an ergonomic handle that makes it easy to carry the board to and from the water.
The traction pad is also fitted with two sets of stainless D-rings, which is great because you can attach a kayak seat or tie-down additional equipment and gear. You’ve got another D-ring which is at the rear of the board, next to the valve for attaching the safety leash.
Another good thing about this board is the three-piece paddle that allows you to customize the length for superior control. Not to mention that the floating paddle is easy to retrieve when you fall into the water.
- This touring paddle board is long and wide enough for added versatility
- The footpad is slip-resistant, soft, and very comfortable
- It’s easy to install a kayak seat with the D-rings on the deck
- The three-piece paddle allows you to customize its length
- 4-point bungee system provides enough storage
- It’s possible to get a pump gauge that is not working
- Some models may come with poorly crafted fins
Peak Expedition Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
If you are a paddleboard warrior who likes long flatwater paddling, then the Peak Expedition is what you should be looking for.
This touring board is engineered with the outdoor enthusiast in mind.
At 11 feet long, 32 inches wide, and 6 inches thick, the Peak Expedition has proven to be a great choice for paddling, surfing, yoga, fishing, and other excursions you might think of.
It supports up to three hundred pounds, which means you can pack your gear, equipment, waterproof backpack, and even your pet.
The board is made from the highest quality PVC material; so, it will not scratch easily.
Peak Expedition provides you with ample storage space by including a six-point bungee at the nose and a four-point bungee at the tail.
The soft EVA deck pad is high performing. Apart from providing slip-resistant traction, it also helps cushion your fall when you slip accidentally.
At the center of the pad, you have a convenient carry handle for easy transportation. You also have a grab handle at the nose and tail of the board.
Another good thing about this board is that it is designed in the USA and it comes with a thirty-day risk-free return period.
- Two bungee systems provide ample storage
- Three grab handles make the board highly portable
- Fins help enhance steering and balancing
- Heavy-duty construction supports up to 300 pounds
- Comes with a 30-day no-hassle return period
- May receive a Peak Expedition that leaks
DAMA Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
This incredible touring board from DAMA is a isn’t just fancy-looking, but also expertly designed for surfing, yoga, SUP, and fishing.
It easily fits into the backpack when deflated for easy storage and transportation. So, you can paddle or surf anytime that the urge hits you.
The DAMA is 11 feet long, 6 inches thick, and 32 inches wide, which means it is big enough for bringing along a passenger or a pet. It is also wide enough for beginners.
Included with the DAMA board are the backpack, high-pressure pump, height-adjustable paddle, and a repair kit.
The high-pressure pump makes inflation exceptionally easy. It will take but a few minutes to reach the recommended psi, then you can attach the fins and hit the water.
This board is extremely rigid and durable thanks to the heavy-duty PVC material and drop stitch. The non-slip deck pad is very comfortable on your feet. You can paddle or surf continuously without experiencing soreness.
Another impressive feature of the DAMA is the four-point bungee system that provides ample tie-down storage for a water bottle, sunglasses, and a small waterproof bag.
You’ve also got a set of D-rings at the center of the board for added versatility.
- It’s perfectly long, wide, and stable touring paddle board for beginners
- Will only take a few minutes to reach the recommended psi
- Has a non-slip and comfortable deck pad
- Four-point bungee provides convenient storage
- Allows you to attach a safety leash to keep the board tethered to you
- May come with a defective paddle handle
ISLE Explorer Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
The ISLE Explorer is designed for those who want to take paddleboarding to the next level.
This is an ideal choice for paddlers and surfers looking to go fast and cover larger ground.
The Explorer is fitted with a center handle for carrying the board from one place to another and tail and nose grab handles to make transportation to and from the water easy.
You can also use the tail and nose grab handles to tie up your board to a dock or a boat.
A grooved deck pad provides a soft surface whether you are kneeling, standing, or even seated on the board.
A six-point bungee system on the nose and a four-point bungee system on the rear end give you enough room for everything you need on your water-based adventure.
The Explorer is crafted with a pointed nose to cut through choppy waters with ease, which supports to increase paddle efficiency.
Military-grade PVC makes this SUP durable enough to resist excessive stress impact.
Besides the durability, the double layer PVC provides just as much firmness as your typical hardboard. Not to mention that the Explorer can accommodate riders who weigh up to 300 pounds.
- A great choice for all types of conditions and waters
- Can withstand excessive stress impact when it falls on the rocks
- It cuts through uneven waters with efficiency
- Six and four-point bungee systems provide sufficient storage
- The aluminum paddle is adjustable and floats on water
- It’s possible to find a model with poorly designed seams
FunWater Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
It isn’t just aesthetically appealing but also professionally designed to deliver the best paddleboarding performance.
The board comes with an ultra-light construction that is made of dual-layer PVC for rigidity and long-lasting durability.
When inflated, the board is 11 feet long, 6 inches thick, and 33 inches wide. It is wide enough to accommodate a maximum weight limit of 330 pounds. So, this means the board can support two riders and some gear.
What makes this board truly admirable is the grooved deck pad that covers almost three-quarters of the board. The pad provides non-slip traction and enough surface area for yoga and other exercises.
FunWater comes with 10-inch removable fins for superior steering and increased tracking while surfing or paddling.
There is a D-ring at the tail for attaching a safety leash. The package also contains a universal waterproof pouch for securing your phone while paddling on the water.
You get a three-piece aluminum paddle, which is great because you can customize the length to suit your paddling height and habit. You will also appreciate the big blade, considering the increased contact area it provides.
- Touring nose design improves tracking and speed
- Has a large carrying capacity and stability for all conditions and skill levels
- The EVA deck pad is non-slip and comfortable for riding and exercising
- The three-piece paddle allows you to customize the height to suit your habit
- Innovatively designed fins increase steering and tracking
- The paddle does not float on water
Aqua Spirit Inflatable Standup Paddle Board
This is your go-to choice if you are looking for a premier paddleboard that features premium materials and innovative design.
The Aqua Spirit comes with all the paddling essentials contained in a heavy-duty backpack.
The board includes a slide-in center fin, coiled safety leash, three-section aluminum paddle, and a high-pressure pump with a pressure gauge. Getting on the water is extremely simple, just plug the pump into the air valve and start inflating.
Once you have achieved the optimal pressure as indicated by the pressure gauge, you can easily detach the pump without any air escaping while you replace the cap. Attach the center fin and the safety leash and you are ready to go.
The three-piece aluminum paddle easily and quickly assembles and it can be extended to fit just about anyone’s height and habit. Use the center of the carry handle to transport the board to the water and start paddling.
You can also bring a few necessities, just tie them down in the four-point bungee system.
Notably, it is the spacious and non-slip surface of the board that offers stability and balance when rowing in rough conditions. As a result, the board glides across the surface with ease.
More importantly, PVC construction is not only strong enough to support the board’s stability while standing but also soft enough not to get hurt too hard if you accidentally fall.
- The stable touring design is suitable for all skill levels
- Inflates quickly in just a matter of minutes
- You can adjust the paddle to suit your height
- Non-slip deck pad improves stability and balance
- Front D-ring for attaching cargo and tail D-ring for attaching a safety leash
- Quality control seems to be inconsistent from one model to another
What should you notice when Shopping for a Touring Board?
Choosing a high performing touring paddleboard doesn’t have to be a tricky proposition.
Here are a few things that you can consider.
Size of the Board
Paddleboards come in different length, width, and thickness sizes. You must choose a SUP size that’s best for your application.
A longer and broader board will provide enough room for a passenger or pet.
You can even do yoga and other exercises on the board.
Most touring paddle boards will range from 10 to 11 feet long, 30 to 33 inches wide, and 5 to 6 inches thick when fully inflated.
When it comes to paddleboards, durable construction is a must for you to be happy with your investment long-term.
Thus, choose a touring paddle board model that features drop-stitch construction for maximum durability.
This design allows the SUP to maintain its shape when fully inflated. The design is also shock and scratch-resistant.
A good touring paddle board should not only be able to allow you to track faster, but also provide you with all the unique features that make the SUP special.
Make sure it has:
- A non-slip traction pad for support and comfort.
- Grab handles for easy transportation.
- One or two bungee systems for storage.
- A durable valve that doesn’t leak.
- And stainless D-rings for added versatility.
The winner is the Runwave Inflatable Standup Paddle Board.
The features makes this touring board stand out are:
- The heavy-duty construction that features drop-stitching and durable materials.
- It takes only a few minutes to reach the recommended 15 psi and it maintains its intended shape when fully inflated.
- It has a perfect size (11 feet long, 33 inches wide, and 6 inches thick) for playing with friends, paddle boarding, surfing, and even yoga. The durable construction will not scratch or corrode.
- It is also packed with unique features, including a slip-resistant deck pad, a bungee system, a carry handle, and a D-ring for attaching.